Bing Ads Paid Search Network
The Bing Paid Search network otherwise known as Bing Ads serves ads to the 2nd largest search engine in the world, Bing. Bing currently boasts a 25% UK market share and 918 million monthly UK searches. Here, we look to outline why Bing Ads should be considered as part of your PPC plan.
To quote Bing ‘The Bing Network is a part of your customers’ life, powering the devices, apps and sites they use every day and meeting them in the moments that matter most’.
Why should you use the Bing Paid Search network?
- 25% UK Market Share
- 918 Million Monthly Searches
- Bing Ads have less competition and cheaper CPC’s than Adwords
- Bing’s CPC is on average 33.5% cheaper than Adwords
- Ads often have a better position and higher CTR for the same cost
- The platform offers more granular control at the campaign and ad group level
- Bing allows you to assign different campaigns to different time zones, which means you can manage campaigns internationally.
- You set these options at ad group level, which means you don’t need to create a new campaign to target different areas.
- More control over search partner targeting
- Control Search demographics
- Import campaigns directly from adwords, which minimises workload.
Cons of Bing Ads
- Negative Keywords – Bing ads do not currently allow you to use broad match negative keywords
- Ad Extensions – Bing Ads currently offer far fewer extensions than Adwords
- Availability – Bing Ads is currently only available in around 20 countries, vs Google’s huge market share
Bing Ads are an excellent complementary partner to your paid search activity. Google will remain the market leader for your SEM campaigns for the foreseeable future, but Bing Ads will allow you to generate extra traffic at a lower cost per click. They can even be used as a proving ground for campaign testing. We’d always advise you to research search volumes in your chosen geographical areas before committing to a campaign to ensure your time and effort is worthwhile. Bing’s import feature from Adwords minimises the set up time and can give you access to a larger potential target audience that you simply will not access through Google’s search network and partners.
For more information on Bing Ads and the Bing Network, please don’t hesitate to Get In Touch